But if some way such silence is achieved, it helps meeting your super conscious hidden deep in our mind...whenever such event occurs one may experience it like meeting a god. it will not happen in just one day..but if one practice regularly, it is most likely to meet your god one day.
follow following sequence for practicing meditation:
- Sit at one place with closed eyes and doing nothing, not a easy task to start with, as sudden itching sensation..pains will start appearing in different part of body which will keep on distracting or disturb your mind. Your mind will compel you to move …and provoking thought one after another will try to overcome you. to prove that whatever you are doing is a bull shit. Don't listen to it after few session this will disappear. As you feel comfortable increase time
- Posture is not very important. But I prefer sitting on chair and hands on my lapse spine erect or otherwise sitting on ground with crossed legs hands resting on ankle with palms up and keeping spine erect and straight.
- If successful then start noticing emotion, thought, words appearing in mind from next time onwards. But don’t give attention to it and don’t start any dialogue with it. with time these emotions, thoughts and words start reducing in quantity and intensity and you will slowly start drifting towards heaviness and feel sleepy. Certainly a good sign. micro sleep are normal but avoid long duration of sleep.
- If you are really feeling too sleepy, it only means that your body need rest…so allow it to sleep but remember when you are awake continue meditating at least for 5 minutes before leaving place. Believe me it will give an wonderful feeling.
- Otherwise one can overcome uncontrolled sleepiness by doing meditation with half open eyes.Doing with sitting posture while keeping spine erect and straight will also help avoiding sleepiness. This is considered to be difficult stage one has to be persistence. soon you will be able to do it effortlessly.
- After some time, mind and body will learn to stay calm and awake without doing anything and mind without indulging internal and external dialogue.
- After few days practice you may experience one or all of this with no particular order during meditation
- A color full patterns start at centre of the eyes. Or a bright light or a certain color remains
- You may start seeing glimpse of picture or short dream about known or unknown
- Picture of your deity or guru may appear
- You may experience sudden numbness in certain body part or feeling pains and fatigue
- You may hear noise, music or unexplained sound
- You may experience vibrations at different part of body. Some time feeling as if whole body expanding and contracting in rhythm.
- Some time feeling like floating in air.
- Some times your nose may fill with smell…bad or good
- Some time your old memories may become alive as dream.
- Some time you see a new place meet new people in dream like situation
- Not aware of your body and time, as if you were unconscious
one thing for sure that after effects of meditation are wonderful. As I am progressing my mind body relationship getting better day by day. My quality of life is improving. nagging, anxiety, anger reduced to great extent. No prolong state of anger or fear. experiencing full of energy, good quality sleep in less hours.... means more time to devote for my hobbies and interest. World around me looks more friendly.